COVID – 19 & Cancellations
We want to give you peace of mind when you book to stay at Butt Lodge. Our normal Cancellation Policy is we charge if you cancel within 7 days prior to your stay, however for 2021 direct bookings we will waive this if you have to cancel during this period if it is COVID-19 related. We operated this policy during our opening period in 2020. We know these are still uncertain times, albeit with a glimmer of hope with the vaccine developments so if you book with us for 2021 you don’t have to worry about “what if’s”. For other cancellation reasons we advise you to take out travel insurance for that extra protection.
COVID – 19 Safety Information
We want to reassure you that we take your safety seriously. We are accredited with Visit Scotland’s We’re Good to Go scheme and the World Travel & Tourism Councils Safe travels.
This information is for our guests to read about some of the steps we have taken to ensure their safety and that of our team. Whilst the changes are necessary you are still guaranteed a warm welcome and our commitment to do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable.
To protect Scottish island communities the Scottish Government is now encouraging asymptomatic travellers to Scottish islands to take two lateral flow tests, the first three days before travel and the second on the day of departure. This is voluntary not mandatory.
We successfully opened Butt Lodge following the first lockdown in 2020, we learnt a great deal from last year and have used that experience to reopen safely in 2021. We are following the Scottish Government Guidance and best practice from the tourism industry and ensure we keep up to date with changes.
As you would expect we have had to make changes to how we normally operate, the mains ones are:
- We have reduced the number of rooms we have occupied at any one time.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedure in rooms and communal areas, including disinfecting all surfaces on a regular basis, menus etc.
- We may on occasions need to request a slightly later check-in time of 4pm due to the cleaning taking longer, we will let you know in advance if this affects you.
- We will not be servicing rooms daily, however we will replace towels, tea, coffee etc when required.
- Hand sanitiser gel is provided around the Lodge and in all rooms.
- The TV remote controls are in plastic bags, which are to be used that way.
- To maintain social distancing we may need to agree a breakfast time with you.
- The buffet breakfast is suspended, we will take orders for the buffet items such as cereals and juice, please bear with us it may take longer than normal to serve you.
- The mobile phone reception in the Lodge is not great for all networks, so to minimise physical contact if you need to communicate with us during your stay you can contact us on 07731437034 via WhatsApp. If you are unable to use WhatsApp there is a bell in the Entrance Hall.
- We will wear masks around the lodge..
- We will stay up to date on what is open on Arran to help you to make the most of your leisure time.
- If we or a guest becomes unwell, we will have to close and cancel reservations.
What we ask of our guests
- Please do not travel if you are feeling unwell, please contact us as soon as possible if you need to cancel.
- The Scottish Government has advised that travel may be temporarily suspended in future from areas with high incidence of infections. If your area is included unfortunately we will not be able to honour your booking and we expect you to cancel as soon as possible. You will not be charged even if you cancel within the 7 days prior to your stay. As of 17 May 2021 Arran went into Level 2, if you from a Level 3 area you are asked not to travel to Arran. Please cancel your booking as soon as possible.
- Provide your contact details, by doing so you agree to us passing these on to the NHS Scotland Test and Protect Service, if required
- Please do not arrive before the 3pm check-in time as this adds extra pressure when we are spending longer cleaning rooms
- Please observe the social distancing rules and wear a face covering when not seated for dining. Limited exemptions apply, please advise us if this applies to you.
- Wash your hands regularly and use the hand gel provided.
- If you become unwell during your stay you will be expected to follow the NHS guidance.
- If you would like to dine in the evening at Butt Lodge, booking in advance is essential.
- Keep updated on the ferry situation at calmac.co.uk
- Make us aware of any concerns you have with regards your health and safety during your stay.
- Contact us if you are ill with COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 7 days or your stay.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us either by phone 01770 830 333 or email email@example.com
Mac and Cath
Updated 18 June 2021