COVID – 19 & Cancellations
We want to give you peace of mind when you book to stay at Butt Lodge. Our normal Cancellation Policy is we charge if you cancel within 7 days prior to your stay, however for 2022 direct bookings we will waive this if you have to cancel during this period if it is COVID-19 related. We operated this policy for the last two seasons. We know these are still uncertain times, albeit with a glimmer of hope with the vaccine developments so if you book with us for 2022 you don’t have to worry about “what if’s”. For other cancellation reasons we advise you to take out travel insurance for that extra protection.
COVID – 19 Safety Information
We want to reassure you that we take your safety seriously. We are accredited with Visit Scotland’s We’re Good to Go scheme and the World Travel & Tourism Councils Safe travels.
This information is for our guests to read about some of the steps we have taken to ensure their safety and that of our team. Whilst the changes are necessary you are still guaranteed a warm welcome and our commitment to do everything possible to make your stay enjoyable.
To protect Scottish island communities the Scottish Government is now encouraging asymptomatic travellers to Scottish islands to take two lateral flow tests, the first three days before travel and the second on the day of departure. This is voluntary not mandatory.
We successfully opened Butt Lodge following the first lockdown in 2020 and in 2021, we learnt a great deal from last year and have used that experience to ensure we are operating safely. We follow the Scottish Government Guidance and best practice from the tourism industry and ensure we keep up to date with changes. This information has been updated on 9 August 2021 to take account of Scotland moving into Level 0. However there is still a requirement on us to maintain a safe place for our guests and staff and to minimise the risk of spreading the virus, so below are the main changes on how we currently operate:
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting procedure in rooms and communal areas, including disinfecting all surfaces on a regular basis, menus etc.
- We may on occasions need to request a slightly later check-in time of 4pm due to the cleaning taking longer, we will let you know in advance if this affects you.
- We will not be servicing rooms daily, however we will replace towels, tea, coffee etc when required.
- Hand sanitiser gel is provided around the Lodge and in all rooms.
- The TV remote controls are in plastic bags, which are to be used that way.
- As the buffet breakfast is suspended, we provide a table service, we take orders for the buffet items such as cereals and juice, please bear with us as it may take longer than normal to serve you. Due to this we may also need to agree a breakfast time with you.
- We will wear masks around the lodge..
- We will stay up to date on what is open on Arran to help you to make the most of your leisure time.
- If we or a guest becomes unwell, we will have to close and cancel reservations.
What we ask of our guests
- Please do not travel if you are feeling unwell, please contact us as soon as possible if you need to cancel.
- The Scottish Government has advised that travel may be temporarily suspended in future from areas with high incidence of infections. If your area is included unfortunately we will not be able to honour your booking and we expect you to cancel as soon as possible. You will not be charged even if you cancel within the 7 days prior to your stay.
- Provide your contact details, by doing so you agree to us passing these on to the NHS Scotland Test and Protect Service, if required
- Please do not arrive before the 3pm check-in time as this adds extra pressure when we are spending longer cleaning rooms
- Whilst Scotland is now in Level 0 and social distancing is no longer a requirement in the regulations, we ask our guests to be mindful to try maintain some distance with other guests and do not congregate in busy areas
- Please wear a face covering when not seated for dining. Limited exemptions apply, please advise us if this applies to you.
- Wash your hands regularly and use the hand gel provided.
- If you become unwell during your stay you will be expected to follow the NHS guidance.
- If you would like to dine in the evening at Butt Lodge, booking in advance is essential.
- Keep updated on the ferry situation at calmac.co.uk
- Make us aware of any concerns you have with regards your health and safety during your stay.
- Contact us if you are ill with COVID-19 symptoms or test positive within 7 days or your stay.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact us either by phone 01770 830 333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mac and Cath
Latest Update 1 November 2021