Butt Lodge Booking Terms & Conditions
Confirmation of your booking by the payment of a deposit / full amount is a legal commitment to acceptance of these Terms and Conditions so please ensure you read them carefully before making your booking. We recommend that you arrange your own cancellation insurance to provide cover in the event of unforeseen circumstances causing you to cancel your booking.
- A deposit of 50% of the total booking amount is payable upon confirming your booking with the balance due 30 days before arrival.
- Non-payment by the due date will be treated as a cancellation and the owners may re-let the property without reference to the Client.
- All cancellation requests must be confirmed in writing.
- Bookings may be cancelled up to 30 days prior to arrival. A cancellation fee of £100 will apply.
- Cancellations within 30 days of arrival are non-refundable.
- The owners will make every effort to re-let the property and, if successful, will refund any amounts paid, less the £100 cancellation fee.
- If the owners have to cancel your booking for any reason owing to events out with their control, a full refund will be given immediately. The owners will have no further liability to you or to any other party. The owners will make every effort to locate alternative accommodation.
- You (the hirer) accepts that the property is let for the purposes of a holiday and so accepts that the letting is a holiday let to which Section 12(2) and paragraph 8 to Schedule 4 of the Housing (Scotland) Act 1988 apply, namely, “a tenancy the purpose of which is to confer on the tenant the right to occupy the house for a holiday.”
- The number of persons occupying or visiting the property must not, at any time exceed that stated on the booking confirmation without prior consent from the owners.
- The hirer may not sublet all or part of the accommodation.
- The person with whom the booking is confirmed is responsible for all occupants and their guests.
- A fully refundable £200 security deposit is payable at the time of booking (included in the 50% deposit if booking more than 30 days in advance).
- The deposit will be refunded upon departure , less the cost of any breakages or additional cleaning that may be required. General wear and tear is accepted and will not affect the security deposit, however, the owners have sole discretion as to any deductions that may be made.
- Butt Lodge has a strict no smoking policy.
- The hirer is responsible for the condition of the property and its entire contents during the hire period – the hirer will be responsible for the full cost of repairs, replacement or any exceptional cleaning necessitated by the negligent act or omission of any of your party. If necessary this may include an additional administration charge.
- Please report any damage, losses, or breakages as they occur.
- The hirer shall leave the property in a clean and tidy condition prior to vacating it.
- The hirer undertakes to leave the property secure if left unoccupied during the period of let.
Children are very welcome at Butt Lodge. Parents are responsible for the safety and supervision of any children staying at, or visiting, the property at all times. Children under the age of 14 must not be left unsupervised in the property.
Well-behaved dogs, and other pets, are very welcome at Butt Lodge. We ask that you do not leave pets unattended in the property at any time. Not all of our guests appreciate our four-legged friends, so please keep pets off the furniture and out of the bedrooms. We also ask that you do whatever you can to ensure that any pet hair or any other matter is cleaned up prior to your departure. Please bring your pet’s feeding bowls, toys, and bedding with you.
As far as the law allows, the owners take no responsibility for loss, damage, injury or illness to the hirer, any of the party or visitors during the occupancy period arising from any causes whatsoever. In signing the Booking Form you agree to indemnify the owners against loss, damage or injury sustained to the property or persons from any deliberate or negligent act or omission by the hirer or any member of the party. The owners cannot accept responsibility for any personal property belonging to the hirer and their visitors. All vehicles and property are left at the persons own risk
We aim to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. If, however, you are dissatisfied with any aspect of your stay, you must inform the owner immediately so that we have the chance to rectify the problem. Under no circumstances will any refunds be considered if the owner has not been given the opportunity to rectify the problem during the period of the let.